Where to find me!

Wednesday, 24 October 2012

God Doesn't Call the Equipped... He Equips the Called

Hello! Just a quick wee message today that is rather relevant to me right now. I'm studying Theology and Religious Studies at uni just now and there's times when I doubt that it's the right thing for me and if it's where I should be right now. Sometimes the content of the course is really difficult or confusing or I get overloaded with work and let it all get on top of me instead of dealing with it bit by bit. And sometimes it even makes me question what I believe and I question my faith. I find it hard to see the bigger picture and have to remind myself that this is what God wants for me and that he placed me here for a reason. It's all part of his plan, but I don't quite know how yet...

God has an amazing plan for each and every one of us, a plan that will last your whole life, something so much better than you could ever imagine. We will never know everything that's to come because, to be honest, if God told us all that he had planned for our lives we'd probably be too scared to say yes! But we need to trust in him that he will enable us to do everything he has called us to do. We might not feel ready or able to do something that God asks us to but he's never going to ask you to do anything more than you can handle.

God doesn't call the equipped, he equips the called!

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." - Jeremiah 29:11
This is one of my favourite bible verses and it pops up a lot. I find it so amazing that God wants to use someone like me to do such great things. He wants to do good things through us and for us!!